I’m a big proponent of self help and the power each of us has to change anything we’re not happy about in our life.
I talk a lot about how we expand in our growth when we get to know our thoughts and focus, thus better directing our life.
I’ve been reading that overweight people might have genes that push them towards food (perhaps even cause food addiction) whether they are hungry or not, or that a lack of willpower has something to do with it, but the more I read the less I blame genes for this. Dr. Bruce Lipton teaches that our genes are only a blueprint. Something else turns our genes on or off.
You might like to know there are easy complements you can add to your daily routine to lose weight and conquer your genetic predispositions by helping your mind and body turn off those weight storing genes.
What’s more is that once you learn these tips, and DO them each day, you increase your chances of weight loss success (whatever that really means to you)!
Think about this. When you were young, were you skinny or overweight? If you were thin twenty or more years ago, why not now? Yes, it could be the food you choose, or because you sit all day, but it could be something else. Have you already tried a myriad of diets only to find the weight creeps back on?
Maybe you have chalked it up to your genes, or changing hormones. Perhaps you’ve given up. But that doesn’t feel good, does it? It feels like you’re defeated.
So, what if I tell you that you can change your mind and accomplish weight loss, in spite of your genetic situation. And you will then be able to lose weight and keep it off — yes, maintain your weight loss! Ahh, doesn’t that feel good when you think of THAT possibility?
Just for you–sort of a holiday present, I am outlining my protocol for weight loss (and increasing health vitality/energy) for you to try one or more of these ideas as follows:
- 15 minutes of quiet meditation every morning
- Two 10 minute stair-climbing (walking) meditation periods during the work day
- Intermittent fasting (incorporating raw vegetables / green juices / green smoothies with little or no fruit on fasting days and drinking protein drinks — my next article will give you a lot of information on protein powders you can try)
- Use Emotional Freedom Technique™ (EFT) daily or as needed for will and encouragement
- Use Jin-Shin-Jyutsu (JSJ) daily or as needed for healing of specific bodily issues
- Practice Pilates to increase mobility, straighten the spine, enhance breathing, and lengthen/tone muscles
- Using Energy Medicine as needed
- Walk in nature whenever possible
- Limit potatoes to once or twice a week – rarely with meat (following food combining principles)
- No eating bread, pasta, or anything made from processed flour – substituting coconut flour as needed
- No eating or drinking anything with processed sugar – substituting maple syrup, stevia, local honey, or agave as needed
- Limit intake of beef and dairy
- Limit processed foods – NO “fast foods”
- Limit exposure to toxins/chemicals (no make-up or natural organic cosmetics only, no chemical coloring of hair, wear natural fiber clothing/shoes–get rid of polyester, rayon, permanent press, and those kinds of clothes, and use only natural organic products on your hair/skin)
Some studies have stated that people can lose by 146% more weight than only relying on diet and exercise by incorporating hypnosis into their routine! When you change your mind about food choices (yes, even what tastes good to you) and WANT to move your body more (doing fun things you love) you can be successful at the weight loss game!
I have personally experienced weight loss success and science is explaining why. Though hypnosis and EFT are different modalities, for me, the benefits of EFT are that it’s free — once you learn it, you can do it everyday for the rest of your life for almost any issue and experience immediate relief, and that it’s easy! I have practiced EFT while driving, in a restroom, and in bed to help me fall asleep. I love it!
The Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology published a paper, “The Integration of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) Into the Practice of Psychology: A Vision for the Future” that discusses many modalities I’ve looked into and practiced and recommend:
- Dietary Supplements
- Massage Therapy
- Movement Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Spirituality, Religion, and Prayer
Though EFT is not listed among these modalities, nor could I find any reference to it when I searched their journals — I did find links to EFT when I searched their site, however it was related to something called, Emotion-Focused Therapy, not Emotional Freedom Technique. And all of the previous list of modalities are excellent for a variety of issues, or health related projects, but only a few have helped me to direct my focus and attention on my food choice and movement (exercise) enough to enable me to lose weight (and keep it off).
If you check here you will find that Hypnosis is a “relaxed, focused state of concentration. It involves focusing attention and awareness inward.” This seems quite like meditation to me! The hypnotic state allows you to relax, rest your sympathetic nervous system, lower blood pressure, slow your heart rate, and “increase alpha and theta brain wave activity.” We’ve all probably seen people being hypnotized on TV and know that while they are in a trance, they are highly suggestible. Hypnotism allows one to more easily reach into one’s own subconscious mind. Thus, if while hypnotized we are accessing a deeper level of mind, this could give us the ability to change our perception of certain things and adjust our behavior, quite similar to EFT.
It occurs to me that since Hypnosis was pioneered by German physician Dr. Franz Anton Mesmer this may be where the word “mesmerized” may come from, when we think of anything that puts us into a trance-like state.
Emotional Freedom Technique™ (EFT) was developed by Gary Craig to “resolve negative emotions and trauma by tapping on various acupressure points.” EFT is the main self help tool I use to modify and limit my negative emotional responses to life problems. I highly doubt the current kinds of EFT and Tapping being practiced would not be possible without the pioneering work of Dr. Roger Callahan’s Thought Field Therapy. EFT has been useful in helping one eliminate fears and phobias, overcome traumas, manage anger and pain, resolve sadness or grief, lift such addictions as nail biting and smoking, lose weight, reduce stress, gain self-esteem, and better equip one to handle other types of physical problems.
You have the power to easily make the important “brain changes” to override your genes… and meet your goals and EFT can help!
Please reach out to me (email: email@example.com) if you would like to know more about EFT or practice it with me in person, or via Skype or Google Hangout.