Echoes from Punjab was a deeply moving and enchanting story to read! The following is my heartfelt book review:
A once-in-a-lifetime experience!
I–along with 2000 other people–recently attended a book launch event for Sadhguru’s first American book and New York Times Best Seller, “Inner Engineering, A Yogi’s Guide to Joy.”
I totally loved the live musical performances offered while we all gathered in the Van Wezel auditorium (in Sarasota, Florida). And to think, all of the singers and musicians traveling with Sadhguru are volunteers! What a glorious gift! I love how enchanting Indian music is, especially the sitar, which has to be one of the most amazing instruments ever invented! My heart was dancing in the abundance of the vibrations!
Sadhguru will be visiting 42 cities this year, so attend if at all possible. Your ears will be delighted and your heart and consciousness will expand from the profound and practical wisdom shared.
Check this website for the other cities where Sadhguru will be speaking, and get tickets. You won’t want to miss this opportunity to sit at the feet of this gentle, wise contemporary yogi’s feet.
After the musical performances, Dr. Kiran Patel gave an insightful and stirring introduction of Sadhguru. And then the moment arrived…
As Sadhguru was about to enter the stage, a hush fell over the entire auditorium, as such, you could have heard a pin drop! It was like 2000 people were holding their collective breath! Sadhguru meekly, yet with what I would call, powerful command of knowing, walked out and sat down in a “not so comfortable chair”, center stage.
We did not know whether he would speak first, or lead us in meditation, sing, or what! So, we eagerly anticipated… I could feel the Energy in the room–nearly palpable!
Sadhguru began by asking us a question, “How many of you have experienced even one day of joy in your lives?”
Several hands went up.
But, continuing, Sadhguru brought the real issue to the surface of our minds. How to sustain joy.
During Sadhguru’s talk, he used stories from his life to illustrate the variety of predicaments we each seem to get ourselves into, and how we can find the pleasantness–even in the moment of some, perhaps not so pleasant of an experience.
One of the questions I had was whether or not once one reaches “enlightenment”, does everything become, well, easier? And the answer seemed to be “yes.”
Sadhguru explained how he continues to change and grow in the field of pure positive potentiality. Ahh… even after explaining about his childhood and experience of enlightenment, he said “one does not just reach enlightenment and then that’s it.”
I literally took many things away from my experience with Sadhguru, and am continuing to grasp more ideas, concepts, and tools while reading Inner Engineering, but for purposes of this article, I thought I’d share my 7 takeaways from this event:
- Most of us have experience joy, but find it nearly impossible to sustain it
- Peace and joy are the basis of our life, not goals to be achieved
- Pleasantness leads to peace and joy–and other people are attracted to you when you are pleasant
- We can never find pleasantness outside of us, if we do not first find pleasantness inside of ourselves. Yes, it is an inside job.
- Tools exist that can help each of us find the pleasantness inside–we do not have to “recreate the wheel” so to speak, or “go it alone”–and these simple and powerful tools are explained in Sadhguru’s book, “Inner Engineering: A Yogi’s Guide to Joy” which will guide you towards the well-being and joy that you seek.
- Only our physical senses limit us. Yoga is not only a physical “workout”, but rather it’s defined as “to yoke” with the “dimensionless unity of absolute perfection” that exists everywhere–We Are All One
- What is pleasing to you, may not be pleasing to me, but each together weave a beautiful tapestry when we let go of our need to control each other’s perception of reality
While enjoying Sadhguru’s event, I was in a state of awe, as I had predicted. Not just of Sadhguru as a man, mystic, or master, but of the shared vibratory resonance that occurred in that one place.
At the event, Americans of many different nationalities were tuned human instruments playing a delightful symphony of be-ing. We listened intently. We laughed with Sadhguru as he related funny stories. We sang with him. We clapped. And finally, we meditated as Sadhguru led us in a shared meditation, the likes of which, I had never experienced before. It certainly put me in a pleasant blissful resonance!
Again, here is the link to all of the information about Sadhguru’s continued American tour, so you can see and hear him–but most importantly, FEEL this extraordinary experience yourself.
P.S. If you will be in the Sarasota, Florida area Oct. 20 – Oct. 23, 2016 please check this link and attend a 4 day in-person Inner Engineering program. CME and CE accredited too! The website is here also, for more information.
We Are All Connected. We Are All One.
Amen. Namaste. OM